Wednesday 9 December 2020

A Christmas tag by Celia


 Hi there Christmas Crafters!

I’m just starting to get into the Christmas mood now - I’m a slow starter! To kick off Christmas week, I’ve  used one of Fiona’s gorgeous layered tags and turned it into a Christmas bauble. I was channelling the vintage vibe for the colour scheme.

I started off by priming the top tag with white chalk paint so that my colours would be nice and vibrant. Then I painted some patches of bright coloured chalk paints and applied a layer of crackling medium once dry. 


When this was dry I started on the centre. I pulled out lots of bright coloured embossing powders to make my bauble. I painted a section with the Wow embossing brush, being careful not to apply to much of the medium, then added the embossing powder. I did this with each colour. 


Before doing the border, I brushed on a coat of pale green chalk paint, leaving a small border around the cut out section. This crackled very quickly, and produced the colourful crackle effect I was hoping for.


 For the border I carefully drew round the edge with an embossing pen and applied a grungy copper embossing powder (Seth Apter’s Crusty Copper from the Metalz set by Wow) and knocked off any bits that were in the wrong place with a dry brush, before melting. Then I created the top part of the bauble in the same way. I painted the backing tag in gold before adhering it to the top tag. To finish, I went round the edges with some Burnt Umber acrylic.
I hope you get time to do some Christmas Crafting!

Celia x

No comments: