Tuesday 12 October 2021

i Heart U

This week its anything goes on the Tando blog and i wanted to show you how i use Tando elements as embellishments on other projects. My first love as a crafter is with Scrapbooking and here i show you how to decorate a scrapbook page.
Materials Used 
Tando flowers 
12 x 12 scrapbook card in navy blue 
12 x 12 scrapbook paper in blue geometric design 
12 x 12 pink spotty paper 
Floral scrapbook paper 
Scraps of patterned paper in pinks and blues to make hearts 
Posca pens 
Foam pads 

Instructions
I began by drawing a large heart free hand on a piece of 12 x 12 greyboard. I then used this as a template and made two ore hearts in a blue and pink scrapbook paper. I trimmed each one no they nested together on top of each other.
I distress all the edges on the hearts before gluing the blue one to the greyboard and the greyboard to a piece of navy-blue scrapbook paper. Next, I took the pink heart on divided the back up into slices. I wanted a kind of geometric effect. I trimmed them slightly so I could see the blue heart showing thru. I recommend taking a photo at this point as when you come to stick them down, its turns into a big jigsaw puzzle!!! Once happy with the placement, I used foam pads to stick them down.
Next, I matted my photograph into the centre of the heart. I wanted the pic of my daughter Becca and her BFF, our 13-year-old Shih Tzu Koby to be the main focus. I took a pack of Tando hearts and coloured some in with Posca pens and covered some with patterned paper. I also coloured in some Tando flowers at the same time. I hand cut some paper hearts from scrap patterned paper and fussy cut a bunch of flowers from more patterned paper. I randomly began adding greyboard hearts and paper hearts all around the photo, framing it. I used foam pads and spare bits of greyboard to add depth to the hearts. Once happy, I added the greyboard flowers and the fussy cut paper flowers. I hand journaled with a fine black pen around everything. I wrote my journaling directly onto the heart to finish.
I hope I have inspired you to use your Tando pieces as embellishments on a bigger project like a scrapbook page Thanks Sarah

1 comment:

Zoechaos said...

What a fabulous page and memory piece. x