Saturday 23 October 2021

Product Focus By Nicky Roussou

 Welcome to my blog for Tando-Creative

This week is 
product focus and I have been wanting to make a Guitar Clock for ages but have never got around to it so this was great fun!


This photo catches the colour better. 


I started out by laying out the Guitar and clock.


I cut sheets of card stock and ran them through my big shot in a Tim Holtz 3D wood embossing folder ( one of my favourites ever!)


 I then stuck the paper over the entire Guitar, leaving the edges really rough so I could peel them up.


Then covered with distress ink.


For the Layered Butterflies I painted them with a beautiful rose gold paint and some large grain medium.


For the Guitar strings I used this rusty wire I've had in my stash for a while which I've dying to use and was perfect for this project. 


Doesn't this look great with a bit of gilding wax to bring out and highlight the string.


I repeated the same process for the other Butterflies and the cogs and I added Angel Wings too.


The clock and wings were coated with Lava Paste and heated and painted over.


I added some crackle pates over the Guitar randomly and gave it a coat of Decoart Quin Gold


Finally a coat of watered down brown oil paint.


and some gilding wax to finish off.


PRODUCTS USED























1 comment:

Zoechaos said...

You have used so many wonderful mediums and textures here it is fabulous. What an awesome base and project. x