Monday 8 May 2023

A Little Birdie House- Fiona Randall

 Happy Coronation Monday everyone.

 I am stopping by to bring you a little quick and easy project using a little wooden Bird House



This is the completed project.



The Tiny Birdhouse in it's undecorated state.

I started by giving the birdhouse a coat of DecoArt Media Tinting Base and dried with a heat tool.
I then gave the roof, base and the peg for the bird to sit on a coat of DecoArt Chalky Finish in Honour.
This is a wonderful dark Navy Blue Colour. 
I then gave the roof a coat of DecoArt Crackle for chalky finish paints. 
I then dried with a heat tool keeping it moving until the crackle had dried clear.
 I then applied with a sponge DecoArt Chalky finish in Everlasting. By dabbing the paint on with a sponge you will not over work and remove the crackle medium as you would with a brush.
 I find this method more forgiving and gives a much more even finish with the added bonus of no brushstrokes. I then dried with a heat tool until the cracks appeared.
I then applied washi tape from my stash which just happened to be the right width all around the walls of the birdhouse as shown. 
also washi tape was applied to the edge of the base as shown. I had a little pedestal to display the bird house on  which was already painted painted white.
To finish I fussy cut a little bird from my stash of Ephemera and attached to the birdhouse using 3d foam tape.
 I also stamped a little chocolate Baroque butterfly and glued at a jaunty angle to the roof.
A Fun, Quick and easy little project that has a vintage feel to it.

Products Used.

Tiny Wooden Birdhouse






Washi Tape and Bird Ephemera from my own stash


No comments: