Wednesday 23 November 2016

Embossed Christmas ATC


Hi friends! Dana here today sharing an Artist Trading Card I created for the Embossing theme this week. I pressed an ATC in a checkered embossing folder for a fun textured base and then primed the card with a coat of DecoArt White Gesso. I then added color, with a distressed layer of DecoArt English Red Oxide Antiquing Cream and a layer of DecoArt Gold Interference for a subtle shimmer. I added a pop of bright green to the card by mixing Stampendous Hot Lime Fragments into DecoArt Matte Medium and spreading it on with a spatula. Before the medium dried I pressed in several gold sequins.


To embellish the top of the card, I painted a Mini Book Plate with DecoArt Carbon Black Fluid Acrylic, then backed the book plate with a scrap of green stripe ticking, and added the number "25," from the Arthur Number Set, which I painted with DecoArt Cadmium Red Fluid Acrylic and a top coat of DecoArt Liquid Glass. I added leaves, a flower, a pair of decorative brads, and a sticker sentiment to fill in the design. I finished this card with a dry brushing of DecoArt Titanium White Fluid Acrylic.

You can find the chipboard I used for this project, and a wonderful selection of DecoArt and Stampendous products, in the Tando Creative Retail Store.

1 comment:

Salla said...

Wow, very nice, Dana! So many layers and details to look at in such a tiny space as an ATC. Fresh take on traditional Christmas colors, too, with the nearly neon green.