Wednesday 17 June 2020

Window tag

Hi there!

Celia here with a tag for ‘anything goes’ week. I have chosen one of the gorgeous layered tags from bundle 2. It looks so much like a stained glass window so I decided to have a smudgy scene peeping through the window.
I started by gessoing the part that will show through and the front, so that the colours will be nice and bright.
I smudged on some blues and greens using Decoart Media fluid acrylics, blending the patches of colour with my fingers. Then I stencilled over an Art by Marlene stencil in the same colours.
I painted the front tag in PaperArtsy Bougnavilia for a base. Then I stencilled over with a Stamperia tile stencil using Dioxadene purple, then a text stencil using Quinacridone violet.
Finally I stamped over some crackle with black Archival ink, and added a wash of Paynes Grey to age it a bit.
For the window, I painted the cut out circle with some Wow embossing fluid. You could use an embossing pen or even mat medium. Then I added a mixture of Stampendous aged gold and Wow weathered gold embossing powder. I also embossed around the edge.
Then it was simply a matter of glueing the two pieces together. Here’s my finished tag:
Thanks for stopping by!

Celia x

1 comment:

Craftychris said...

Absolutely beautiful! xxx