Thursday 14 June 2018

Anything Goes Week - Joker Media Board by Nikki K.

Hi everyone,

It's my turn for the Anything Goes week, and I've combined mine with the Same but different week we had a week or so ago, where everyone made their piece from the same kit.  I liked my kit so much I asked if I could keep it and use it as my make and take at the Ministry of Mixology workshops, and share it with you later (now).

So this was the kit we were sent: (photo by Brenda).


All I did was ask for the words to be changed for me to use for the make and takes, and had 'Ring Ring'.

I painted the Media board in Tinting Base, and added some 'harlequin' pattern by using a Tando mini stencil with Crackle Paint, and then gave it a diagonal wash each of Blue Green Light, and Dioxazine Purple.  Let one colour dry before adding the other wash, or you end up with mud.

The background scratches were then stamped with Pyrrole Red, and Roulette Wheel in Carbon Black.  (You could use ink if you prefer).


The dial was also painted with Pyrrole Red, and then covered in Crackle Glaze.  When dry I rubbed Antiquing Cream into the cracks and wiped off, to make it look aged.  The numbers and Joker picture were given a 'dirty wash' (an Andy technique) with Paynes Grey and Quinacridone Gold.


The words were painted Red, the top layer Silver, and then Antiquing Cream was added, which sort of pooled over the letters which I liked so I didn't rub it off.


Finally Paynes Grey was washed around the edges of the board to darken them, and Red drips added to the top edge.


Hope you like it :)

Best Wishes,

Nikki K.
xxx

Products Used:

Kit by Tando Creative.
Joker Vector - Andy Skinner
Andy Skinner Stamps.
DecoArt Media Line Paints - Pyrrole Red, Dioxazine Purple, Blue Green Light, Carbon Black, Metallic Silver, Quinacridone Gold, Paynes Grey.  Antiquing Cream - Raw Umber.
DecoArt Media Crackle Paint
DecoArt Media Crackle Glaze




No comments: