Thursday 4 November 2021

 Hi everyone This is my take on the November kit of the month 


This kit slots together easily-I just used a bit of of pva glue along the joints and edges


l
Once dry paint black gesso over all surfaces.

Cut paper to fit all sides of the bookshelf, cutting size slightly smaller than sides to leave a black border. I used a corner rounder for a good finish.


With my finger I edged each piece with gold paint.



.

I added fairy and mushroom silhouette stamps on shelf and box pieces



Concentrating on the box books- paint the bendy spine with gold acrylic paint, then glue peach lace along spines to tie the box together.



Add cut and stamped panels to front and back.


.


Using prima and stamperia moulds I created hearts, wings and butterflies using air dry clay. Leave to dry then paint with black gesso. When dry, dry brush with gold acrylic paint.



Glue wings to hearts and attach to bookshelf using a glue of your choice.




To complete the two outer boxes I filled small bottles with glitter, added charms and beads then stuck them in position. For the middle book I used alcohol pens on some plastic butterflies then added glitter and beads. I then mounted them on small strips of card one end glued to the box , the other to the butterfly to give movement.



To finish I added butterflies, flowers and wings to the spines.



No comments: