Thursday 27 September 2018

Craftathon 2018 - What I made..

Morning everyone,

This week it's a report on our Craftathon, held in Milton Keynes in aid of Breast Cancer Care.  This great idea was the brainchild of Di, who started crafters all around the country setting up and hosting Craftathons, with the event Di started organising being the one we helped to see through to the day.  A

Several of us ran make and takes, and we had a tombola, raffle with amazing prizes donated by nearly everyone we knew in the crafting world!  We had a cake stall, with vintage china and bunting, a 'Guess the weight' of the Embellishments Jar (it was heavy!), and everyone had goodie bags decorated by the lovely Cassie and donated contents by Susan. 

It was lovely to meet new people, as well as familiar friends and to be part of such a fab team of organisers.  I am proud to know every one of them.

I ran a make and take on my 'Backwards Crackle' on Acrylic, and had fun doing a couple of others, sitting with Celia and painting my t-shirt I'd been meaning to paint for a while, and making a fab bauble with Karen, I'm now hooked on bauble making....

I've attached a few pics, and so far in all we've raised over £10,000 between all the groups around the country, and it's not quite finished yet.  Before we had even hosted the day people were asking if it was going to be an 'annual event', and it went so well we may well do it again!

If you'd like to know more, we have a facebook group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1622053067885774/

Samples of my make & take:



The T-shirt I stencilled and painted with So Soft Fabric Paints with Celia.  This took me around 8 hours, I started on Saturday and finished Sunday afternoon, it was so nice to get lost in painting for myself!



And the beautiful bauble I made with Karen,  there will be a lot more of these to come, I'm totally hooked!


Hope you can join us for the rest of the week and my colleagues makes, it was fantastic to be with so many of the team and to raise money for such a worthwhile cause while having the BEST time!  Never forgetting WHY we are there of course. xx

Best Wishes,

Nikki
xxx

Items Used:
So Soft Fabric Paints
Andy Skinner Stencils
Tando Stencils
Acrylic Media Boards
DecoArt Media Line


No comments: