Tuesday 1 February 2022

It's nice to BEE nice Hexagon canvas by Nicky Rousou

 It's nice to BEE nice Hexagon Canvas By Nicky Roussou

So where to begin. I received a packet of Hexagon Grey boards from Tando-Creative and knew instantly what I was doing to do, which isn't usually me...I often sit for hours procrastinating and getting very little done but this just inspired me!

I started with a white 30cm canvas which I painted with Black Gesso and then added some PaperArtsy crackle glaze. I like this brand as you can heat dry it too. 

I then painted all the Hexagon Grey Boards with a range of different mediums. I wanted the texture of each Hexagon to look at little different.

These included : 

These I have had in my stash for years and last forever. 


Once the Crackle was dry, I used some Yellow and Brown acrylic paints to go over the canvas and grey boards to start to building some colour, depth and texture.  The crackle came out fantastic and I'm really happy with it. 
It was over layered with a light layer of Brown Oil paint with white spirit ( my fav!) which just brings out that beautiful rustic tone I adore so much. 

I also used a die to cute some small paper Hexagons to go in the top corner to add a little detail



For the frames I used some vintage photo distress inks on them and then embossed them with the Cosmic Shimmer Tropic Yellow powder. I them placed them sporadically around the canvas to fit the Hexagons. 


Once all my bits were painted and embossed, I began playing about with the layout.
I had these cute little sunflowers from my stash which I have been desperate to use for ages and they work perfect!

To jazz up the flowers and add my rustic touch, I added some cosmic shimmer glass fragments in Brown to the centre of the flower which looked fab!


Once I got my layout sorted, I die cut some Tim Holtz butterflies. I gave then a coat of distress ink and used the yellow pain to the body and over laid again with the Tropic Yellow embossing powder 



I then added some Tim Holtz wordage to bring the canvas to life and a Crown from my stash for the Queen Bee!

I added a few more gold Fragments hear and there and finished with another coat of the watered down all pain to get into corners and give shading and tone. 

And there we go....Its nice to BEE nice Hexagon Themed Canvas.



TANDO-CREATIVE HEGAGON GREY BOARDS

BLACK GESSO

DECOART CRACKLE GLAZE

TIM HOLTZ BEE DIE

TIM HOLTZ DISTRESS IN, VINTAGE PHOTO, 

FLOWERS FROM MY STASH

COSMIC SHIMMER STRATA PATES

COSMIS SHIMMER TROPIC  YELLOW EMBOSSING POWDER

COSMIC SHIMMER GLASS FRAGMENTS IN GOLD

GALERIA : Small Grain Medium Gel, Large grain Medium Gel. Modelling Paste and a small glass pebble medium. 

No comments: