Thursday 3 February 2022

Valentine Heart Tag by Bernadette

 


Good Morning!!

My post today is a Valentine Heart Tag.  I have used a size 10 Tando greyboard tag https://www.tando-creative.co.uk/TAGS120X60.html and some hearts from the grab bag of hearts https://www.tando-creative.co.uk/GRBBGHEARTS.html  

This project could easily be adapted to make a card front instead of a tag.  I'm just a bit of a tagaholic, so any excuse to get the tags out and I'm there!  The photos aren't the best.  I was working in my craft room at night so the colour isn't great.  Check out the Tando's Creative Zone on Facebook and the #tandocreative on Instagram for more pics.

The first thing I did was to spray a piece of card with some distress ink and oxide sprays.  I wanted the depth of colour to vary which is why I used ink and oxide.  The colours I chose were kitsch flamingo, picked raspberry and a bit of fired brick. I then die cut some hearts in different shapes and sizes.  I used a Tim Holtz die, buy any different size heart dies will do the same job.



I then selected some of the die cut hearts and did some stamping on a few of them using a script stamp and black ink.  I used an ink blending tool to edge the hearts in black.


Next, I painted the tag with white gesso, then covered it with bits of paper cut from an old book and dictionary.  I sprayed it with the same ink and oxide sprays I had used for the hearts, stamped randomly all over with the same script stamp and black ink, then highlighted the edges with black ink and a blending tool. I dabbed the blending tool with the black in a couple of areas on the tag to break up the pink a little bit and to add a bit more of a grungy look.




The hearts I chose from the grab bag were all painted red.  I wanted different textures so on one I added some glossy accents then sprinkled a bit of glitter into it before it set.  On another, I just stamped with the script and edged it in black and on the last one I added some translucent grit paste then dabbed some red paint over the top when it was dried.  


For the 3 die cut hearts in the photo below I decided to add a bit of shine.  I used embossing glaze on the top one, a translucent crackle paste on the middle one and glossy accents on bottom one (photo below).



I edged all the hearts using black ink and a blending tool then placed them randomly on the tag before I decided where I wanted each one.  I used PVA glue for the card hearts and matte gel for the greyboard hearts.  I then just added a simple sentiment at the bottom.


I would love to see any Valentine makes using Tando goodies - cards or tags.  Please be sure to post your projects in Tando's Creative Zone on Facebook or on Instagram using #tandocreative

Bye for now!  I'll be back next week with another Tando heart project


Bernadette xxx


No comments: