Friday 18 February 2022

Tando Advent Box - Curious Beauty

 

Tonight i have for you another Tando advent box, this time decorated in a gothic style using the beautiful Curious Beauty collection of papers printed from the Curiosities Altered cdrom from Magik Graphics


First lay all your pieces out and do a dry run through so you are confident about which bits goes where


You will have enough pieces to create one drawer, with the larger drawer front


And one cube to house the drawer


Glue your pieces together using a good PVA glue

When assembled one fits comfortably inside the other


I wanted to cover my drawer front with the decorative papers
And have a paint effect on the sides, so i prepared my surfaces with black gesso

Once the gesso was dry i applied a layer of folk art colour shift paint in blue violet flash on the drawers side, back and bottom panels and left to air dry. I then applied heavy bodied gel medium to the sides and back panel only, through the alchemist Memoirs stencil from Magik Graphics and left this to completely dry


I then cut a square of paper the same size as my drawer front and applied with matte medium, when this had dried i sanded the edges with sandpaper to give a more professional finish


I then dry brushed decorart gold metallic lustre over the raised stencilling and along all edges


I repeated the same techniques on the outer sleeve so that it matched the drawer, using the decorative paper just on the top panel, paint effect on sides and back


This is my finished piece hope you like it


I would love to see how you decorate yours x x

I have used
Colour shift paint






No comments: