Tuesday 5 April 2022

 

Hexi Greyboard Tag by Bernadette





Good Evening Everyone,

Today, I am sharing a size 10 greyboard tag  https://www.tando-creative.co.uk/TAGS180X100.html I have created using the greyboard hexagons  https://www.tando-creative.co.uk/HXGNS2022.html as embellishments.  I decided to try something new in terms of colour - I don't often use pink, but I bought some new shimmer watercolour powders so thought I would give them a go.  This pink is probably a bit bright for some, but it's cheerful which is a bonus if you are having rubbish weather like I am at the moment!

To start, I took a piece of smooth watercolour card and added my colours.  I wet the card then tapped the powders on and sprayed with more water to move them around.  I watched a video demo of how to do this, it didn't work quite the same for me and although I used 3 colours, it looks like one colour to me. 

I dried the card then added some white splatters.  I used watered down white acrylic paint on a paint brush to tap over randomly.  I spritzed some water and dabbed some of the splatters dry.  I then and left some I then dried it with a heat tool.  Once the card was dry, I drew around the tag on the back of the card and cut it with scissors.  I then glued the coloured card to the greyboard tag.

I added some gold acrylic paint through one of the stencils in the set of 4 background and flourish set https://www.tando-creative.co.uk/set-of-4-background-and-flourish-stencils.html  I used the bottom right stencil as you look at the photo of the four - lovely thick stencil!  Once the gold paint had dried, I added some more white splatters and let them dry naturally to give a bit more definition. 


With the coloured card I had left over, I glued the 2 solid hexagons I had chosen to the back and cut out the shapes.  I then stamped onto the hexagons and stamped some florals onto the left over coloured card using black stazon ink. I cut the florals out and painted the hexagon frame with black gesso.



I then decided where I wanted each element by placing them on different parts of the tag before gluing them down.  Once I had decided where I wanted everything, I took a photo on my phone so that I would remember when I came to stick them down.  I added some black soot distress ink around the edges of the tag and the hexagons using a foam blending tool.




The only thing missing is a sentiment.  I need to decide what to use and add one before I post on Facebook and Instagram.  I like the tag, stamps and hexagons but I'm not sure I would use these colours again, or if I did, maybe add a splash of purple or dark blue to tone it down a  bit.  I'll have to post again if it try it with a different colour :)


Love, Bernadette

xxx


No comments: