Saturday 2 April 2022

“Hex” deck Saturday!!! By Art Angel

 


I thought is would be fun to give our “Hex - Tech Tuesdays” a whole new meaning, so today I have for you all “Hex Deck Saturday”


This project has been created as a Magik Graphics Sample, but as Tando substrates are my go to product regardless of who i create for Di has kindly let me share it with you all here


I have used one of the fabulous Tando  deep match boxes and inserts to create this project. I first glued the appropriate pieces together to make up one drawer and one sleeve, using a good PVA glue


I used Decorart Carbon Black Chalk paint to base coat all surfaces, inside and out, when dry i used Decoart Gel Medium through the brand new Omniscient Stencil on the top of the box and drawer ends, and the Alchemist Memoirs for the bottom and sides and left to dry 


Once dry i highlighted the raised surfaces using Decor-art  etalluc Lustre Silver Spark

I had previously cast a resin frame and embellishment using moulds from Prima and Stamperia, and gave them a coat of black paint, once dry i adhered these to the top of the box using a glue gun and highlighted again with the silver lustre topped with Copper Kettle Lustre


I used a mix or printable images from the Magik Graphics Autumn Reigns and Wheel of the Year Cdrom’s to line the outer sides and inner base of my box


I the used additional images to create my “Hexes” which were adhered to each insert using Decoart matte medium



I used wax string to bind resin bones and twigs to each of my inserts



And highlighted any raised detail and the edges with the same silver metallic lustre


All my hexes fit securely inside my box!

I would love to see your version of this project, please share if you decide to have a go x x

Products i used
Autumn Reigns, Wheel of the Year cdroms and stencils available from



2 comments:

Vee Cassidy said...

Awesome work. Vee xx

Karin said...

Lovely project.