Friday 21 January 2022

24 Boxes of Advent with Bernadette

 


Good Evening Everyone,

Today I am showcasing a cute advent box.  Depending on how you decorate them, they have multiple uses and are stackable too.

I put the inside drawer and outer box together first and secured them with pva glue.  The photo below shows how they look once they are glued together.  Everything slotted into place perfectly with the joins matching exactly as they should. When you put the drawer inside the box they fit together to make a perfect cube.


I then painted inside and outside of both pieces using a dark blue acrylic paint.


I decided with this one that I would keep the top flat, just in case I decide I want to stack another one on top. If you aren't going to stack them, you could easily embellish all sides.


I started with the front of the drawer.  I cut a piece of white pearl card slightly smaller than the drawer front then ran it through my die cutting machine in a snowflake embossing folder.  I then took a stiff stencil brush and dabbed some silver acrylic paint randomly over the whole piece of card.  I then did the same around the edge with the dark blue paint I had used to paint the box.  

I took a snowflake from the Tando pack of 5 snowflakes  https://www.tando-creative.co.uk/SNWFLK5.html  and used the dark blue and silver paint to colour the snowflake, again using the stencil brush.  I wanted to make it look like it had an icy texture.  I took some tiny self adhesive pearls and added them to the corners of the card and the points of the snowflake.

I then glued the snowflake to the middle of the piece of card and added the whole thing to the front of the drawer, again using pva glue.







To finish the box and drawer I took the Tando mini snowflake stencil https://www.tando-creative.co.uk/MSKMINFLKE.html and stencilled on the sides of the drawer and top and sides of the outer box, again using a stencil brush.

I thoroughly enjoyed making this little box and I'm looking forward to trying a different design with my next one.

Enjoy your weekend, hope you get some crafty time :)

Bernadette xxx



No comments: