Sunday 9 January 2022

Colour theme Gothic Arch layered frame by Nicky Roussou

 These Gothic Arche Layered Frame are just so cute and I love the size of them. I also love it when I can create a project in one sitting ( which doesn't happen very often 😂)


I started this project buy getting the arches together and choosing what butterflies I was going to use. I really do LOVE these layered butterflies!


I immediately thought a brick was would look super fab, so cut some cardstock with my Time Holtz 3D embossing folder and cut it out to fit the arch.


I decided to do the back of the arch in the Tim Holts wood 3D folder which I love and used Vintage Photo Tim holts distress ink to over it to bring out the texture.


For the sides of the arch a I wanted a rough looking aged edge so used some modelling pates and roughly ran around the edges.



To get the rustic look to the brick wall I used red brick Distress Ink and Vintage Photo randomly around the page and the went over with my good old favourite, water down oil paint with white spirit to bring out the colours.


I gave all the edges a coat of DecoArt Brown umbra paint too, 





For the butterflies, I gave the base part a coat of thin brown paint and then went over with a coat of Metallic Pain to give it a lovely shine.  For the top part I glued down some Micro Beads from Prima. 


To give that extra bit of rustic loveliness, I glued the butterfly down to some chiffon fabric and burnt  around the edged which produces a wonder aged effect 



So here you go, a little step by step of my arch. I hope you have enjoyed seeing it come together. 

Thank you for popping by 💓

TIM HOLTZ 3D BRICK EMBOSSING FOLDER
TIM HOLTZ DISTRESS INKS IN REB BRICK AND VINTAGE PHOTO
STAMPERIA MODELING PASTE
PRIMA MICRO BEADS
TRESURED GOLD GILDING WAX
DECOART BURNT UMBRA PAINT
DECOART METALIC ROSE GOLD




No comments: