Tuesday 25 January 2022

Hex Tech Tuesday - Klimt wall hanging by Sharon Nettleship

 As soon as I saw the Tando Hexagons I knew I wanted to make something to hang on the wall. I thought the Klimt papers would go really well with them. 


Here's how I made it


I started off by using a 12x12 piece of cardboard that I had in a scrapbook paper pack. I covered it with a piece of  black linen cardstock. Next I randomly stamped my word stamps onto the black with clear ink and gold embossed them using a gold embossing powder. 

I wanted to give the hexagon frames a rusted effect. 


I did this by using Prima rust effect paint in brown, red and gold. I applied the brown first all over by stippling it onto the frames. I then randomly stippled the red and gold. For the complete look I added a little turquoise acrylic paint too. 


I covered the base of the hexagons with Stamperia Klimt papers. I also added some of the little chipboard pieces in the collection. And to give it a bit of a luxurious look I added some gold wax. 


The eye triangle pieces came with the Klimt pack and I gessoed them with black and added gold wax. 



All I needed to do then was to arrange the hexagon bases and frames into a configuration that I liked.




There are so many projects you could make with the hexagons and have fun whilst doing it. 


Ingredients:

TandoCreative Hexagons

Stamperia Klimt Collection

Black card

Gold gilding wax

Gold embossing powder

Prima rust effect paste in brown, red & gold

Turquoise acrylic paint


Sharon N x



1 comment: