Monday 10 January 2022

Mini Printer Tray

 


Happy Monday Everyone,

I have finally had chance to work with a Mini Printer Tray.  I think I will be getting some more of these, they are quite different to anything I have done before.  I have lots of bits and pieces: ephemera, stamped images, letters, numbers and hardware that I love and was looking for a way to show them off.  A printer tray is the perfect way to do this, mine is now in my lounge so I can keep looking at it.



I started off by selecting a Tim Holtz paper for my background.  The paper I chose has letters on it which made me decide it was the right one for this project.  I stuck it to the greyboard with wet glue to make sure it was well stuck down.


I painted the front frame panel with a grey paint then used a blending foam to add some black soot distress ink around the edges of the frames to give it an industrial, almost dirty look. I used wet glue again to secure this to the background.


I then started to gather my treasures to add to the individual frames.  I have spells of stamping and cutting out small images, just in case I need that bit of something to add to a card or tag.  I have quite a selection of Tim Holtz hardware and ephemera, but I tend to hoard it and am quite stingy with is.  Since I am keeping this piece for myself, I decided I would use some of my precious pieces.  I added some mustard coloured paint to bare pieces to complement the colours of the background paper.





I inked the edges of the paper embellishments with either vintage photo or black soot distress ink and added some glossy accents to the light bulb.  I then attached everything inside the frames either with glue or foam pads to add a bit of dimension.


Link to Mini Printer Tray:

https://www.tando-creative.co.uk/MPT178X127CV.html

No comments: