Tuesday 11 January 2022

Hex Tex Tuesday by Sharon Quinn

 Hello there

I'm delighted to be showing you my interpretation of the Tando Creative hexagons.

I am currently decorating the walls of my craft room to give me inspiration in my creative space so this is the inspiration for this piece.

I started by painting the edges of a Tando Creative A4 greyboard greyboard  panel  with fresco paint in butternut.


Next I applied rice paper to the panel using distress collage medium, I removed excess paper by using a water brush to give a raw edge gently tearing away from the fibres.


I have chosen to use 3 solid hexagons and 3 hexagon frames to paint in DecoArt americana acrylic paint in celery green. I left to dry naturally which only took minutes but of course you can speed up the process using a heat gun. I then used a distress crayon in carved pumpkin to smudge with my finger around the edges.



Next I added areas of interest using stamps in butternut acrylic paint and doodles with a white gel pen.


Inka gold has been added to the hexagon frames but any mica powder or wax would also work, or imagine how gilding flakes would look ,,,? 

Next I played around with the position of the pieces to give a look I was happy with, I adhered with book binding glue.

Finally I added words from Tim Holtz metallic words pad.

The finished piece will look great on my wall....I wonder what you could make using the hexagons??




Tando Creative hexagons

Tando Creative A4 sheet

DecoArt americana acrylic paint - celery green

PaperArtsy fresco paint in butternut

PaperArtsy Eclectica EM41

PaperArtsy Eclectica EM45

PaperArtsy Eclectica EM48

Papers for you rice paper

Distress collage medium

 Pinflair Book binding glue 

White gel pen

Viva Decor Inka Gold

Many thanks for reading my blog post, I hope you found some inspiration.

Lots of love

Sharon Quinn xx





No comments: