Sunday 30 January 2022

February Kit - Vintage Twirly Whirly

 Hi this month's kit is really special. There's lots you can do with it as you'll see in the great inspiration coming up from the team. When I opened mine I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it and that was vintage. 



So my first step was to paint it all with black gesso. I put most of it together except the lid part just so I could get into the back. 


Next I added dabs of copper metallic paint.


I then added the rust effect by using rust effect paint in gold, red and brown. Once these were dry and I added a little turquoise paint too.


For my first compartment I used the rust effect on two mini bottles and cut a piece of hessian which I frayed. 

 

I then arranged the hessian so the bottles stood and sat on it. Next I added some little beads and ribbons.


For my little book I used an old gardening book and cut it to size, rubbed it over with vintage photo oxide ink and stamped some ink blots.


I made a little bracket for the book to put at the back so it stood upright and glued it into place. I added some inked lace and used Tando leaves from the mini 1& 3 sets. I also used some ink on them.
 

For the third compartment I used a Stamperia Art mould with air dry clay. Once the clay was dry I used the same rust effect on the pieces that I had broke off.

 I adhered the pieces to the back of the compartment and to the floor along with some little pieces of hessian. I adhered the brush to the front of the piece.


Next I made a little picture frame for my last compartment. I used a frame and base from a Tando off cuts pack and painted them and added a little gold wax. The picture was from the same old gardening book which I added the vintage photo ink.


For this one I adhered the frame to the base and ripped and inked some papers to go under it. Next I inked some flowers from the Tando mini packs and adhered them. 


To hide the nut I made a little frame. The piece on the right was actually attached to the bottom of the main frame but I cut it off to use on the back of the frame so the nut was hidden. The frame is also from Tando. I painted it with the gold and brown rust paint and added some gold wax. I then added two square, gold brads to the holes in either side. I just had this always in my stash, which I added to the middle. 


 And here you go my finished piece. 



Products: 
Tando February kit - Twirly Whirly
Tando mini leaves 1 and 3
Distress Oxide Ink - Vintage photo
All other products from my personal stash. 


I hope I've inspired you in some way to use the February kit, it really is a fun piece to craft with. 

Sharon 








No comments: