Thursday 17 March 2022

Art Block by Bernadette

 

Good Morning everyone,




I'm here again with another art block https://www.tando-creative.co.uk/set-of-4-art-blocks.html 

I love these blocks so much. They are so easy to put together, to paint and to add papers, texture and embellishments to.  For me, buying a set of these would cost the same as buying 4 good quality birthday cards. I am sure that anyone receiving one of these made personally for them would be delighted. It is a card, gift and keepsake all in one.

To start with, I constructed the block and painted it with white gesso.  I then took one of my favourite stencils and added some texture paste through the stencil.  Once that had dried, I took a selection of pastel coloured paints - pale pink, pale green and pale grey.  I used a stencil brush to add the paint so that I could get it into all the nooks and crannies between the texture paste raised areas.  I then took a background stamp and did a bit of random stamping using a grey ink.



I then took the Extra Thins Wire https://www.tando-creative.co.uk/XTHNSWIRE.html and painted it with a grey paint then highlighted some areas with silver paint.  To make sure it didn't cover all the grey I used my fingers to dot it here and there.  I used PVA glue to add the wire thins to the block.





To colour the die cut leaves and flowers, I used some light coloured oxide ink pads - antique linen, hickory smoke, tattered rose and bundled sage.  I rubbed the ink pads onto my craft mat, spritzed with water and dipped the card in to get a variation in the colour.  I then die cut the leaves and flowers and added some random stamping with grey ink using the same background stamp I had used on the block (sorry, I didn't take any photos of the flowers before attaching them to the block).


I glued the flowers and leaves to the block over the top of the thins wire.  I then added a mini clock https://www.tando-creative.co.uk/MNTGSCLCKS.html which I had inked with versamark embossing ink and heat embossed with a metallic powder.



I have decorated a few of these blocks now using different techniques from grungy to pretty.  Would love to see your posts showing what you have made in the Tando Creative Zone on Facebook.


Happy Crafting,

Bernadette xxx







No comments: