Tuesday 8 March 2022

Hexagon Tuesday - Zoë Sanderson

 It is my turn this week to share some ideas for using the Hexagons.  When we were asked to do these it was suggested that we might make Video demonstrations of our process.  I've never made a video before so it was a bit daunting but a challenge worth trying.  You can decide for yourself if it was successful or not.

This is the finished piece under natural light .


Having chosen to work on a box canvas 20" x 8" it quickly became apparent that it was  not going to be easy to take photographs of this on my work table.  Added to which this is to be my first Video demonstration and the canvas certainly would not all fit into view.  The canvas was prepared with structure paste pressed through a Hexagon stencil, not using the whole stencil just bits of it here and there.  When the paste was ready various metallic Glimmer Mists were sprayed over and allowed to run down the canvas.  A day or so later when the canvas was fully dry it was time for my first attempt at a video demonstration;  Scary but exciting.

I did it in 2 parts 

The canvas was finished by adding the Hexagons, not necessarily in the ways suggested in the video but in a pleasing manner.

This is the finished piece under electric light.


Doing this was so much fun and a great opportunity to try lots of new ideas, I hope you enjoy watching the videos as much as I enjoyed making them.

Products Used.



Canvas and all other mediums and embellishments from my Stash

No comments: