Tuesday 1 March 2022

 

Hexagon Tuesday - Matchbox with Hexagons by Bernadette


Happy Tuesday Everyone!  Today I am showing a large matchbox using the hexagons as my main embellishments.



I started by constructing the matchbox outer and inner parts.  https://www.tando-creative.co.uk/matchbox-large-with-inserts.html


I then selected some of the greyboard hexagons - some solids and some frames. https://www.tando-creative.co.uk/HXGNS2022.html I used one of the solid shapes to draw around a bit of cardboard packaging and die cut some card with a hexagon die.  The photo shows some hexagon die cuts (bottom right) but in the end I didn't use those.



I painted the outer and inner matchbox pieces with a thin coat of white gesso and glued on the die cuts.


I then painted the matchbox and solid shapes with a vintage pinky/cream paint. For the largest hexagon I added some crackle paste through a hexagon stencil. I then laid everything onto the matchbox cover and decided which pieces would go where before gluing anything down.


I decided to paint the hexagon frames black to make them stand out, then using some Tim Holtz stamps I stamped randomly with black ink.  I took a distress ink blending tool and gently added some black soot distress ink to highlight some of the raised areas and edges of the solid hexagons and the matchbox itself. I cut some butterflies from a paper pad in my stash and once I had glued the hexagons in place, I added them. 



I wanted the drawer of the matchbox to contrast the outer cover so painted it black all over.  I added a piece of decorative paper to the bottom and attached the paper with the butterflies and the sentiment with 3D foam pads.  




The matchboxes are ideal to give as a gift, to give with a gift inside for a special occasion, or "just because".  

Bye for now!

Bernadette xxx






No comments: