Thursday 10 March 2022

Art Box by Bernadette

 


Good Morning!  

Today I am sharing this art box I made for the show on Create and Craft last week.

To start with, I glued the art box together, then painted it with white gesso.


I then painted the whole box in a light blue acrylic paint and once the paint had dried, I used an Aall and Create stencil and crackle paste to add some texture randomly on all 4 sides and the top of the box.


Using a stencil brush I added paint over the light blue and crackle.  I wanted to create an aged look to the box, so added several layers of turquoise and brown acrylic paints.  I kept dabbing paint here and there and layering it until I got the look I wanted.  I also added larger blobs of paint at the top of the box and sprayed some water to make it run down the box.  I found that because I had gessoed and added several layers of paint, the box kept its shape despite the layers and water I was adding.  I made sure I kept letting the box dry between layers so that I got definition between the 2 colours.




I then chose some embellishments and to the letter Bs I added some white gesso and some of the turquoise and brown paint, again using the stencil brush.  For the die cut butterfly I added a light blue paint and some gilding wax to highlight the embossed areas.





I attached the Bs and the butterfly with PVA glue




If you have bought some of the art boxes Di brought to Create and Craft I am sure you will love them.  They are so versatile and there will be lots of blog posts over the coming weeks from the other DT members showing what they created with theirs.


Bye for now, take care

Bernadette xxx





No comments: