Thursday 31 March 2022

Art Box - It's Magic - by Kim


 For this project I used the deep ATC Art Box. Like any good magician I thought this box should be sawn in half. But this was easier to do before I stuck the pieces together, because I didn't want the cut to be boringly straight. See pictures.

Be very careful when using sharp tools to cut the greyboard.






Check to make sure the bits fit together before you start glueing, and that they match up neatly.

When dry I base coated the bottom half with texture paste and added some small Art Stones to give it some interest. When dry I painted it Forest Green then dry brushed Primary Yellow to highlight the Art Stones.

For the top half I used some of Julie's homemade background paper. I painted the inside of the box black.




At some point our magician will pull either a rabbit from a hat or a string of hankies from a sleeve, or in our case a bunch of flowers from an Art Box.

I used a die cutter to press a bunch of flowers from ordinary paper, reinforced with slivers of wooden coffee stirrers. I made enough so that they sprang apart when the lid was pulled off. The flowers were coloured with a selection of watercolour paints.

Squeeze the flower heads gently so they fit inside the lid, then secure the box with a red ribbon.



Abracadabra! Thanks for visiting!

Products:

Background or scrapbooking paper of your choice
Fancy ribbon
Die cut paper flowers

No comments: