Thursday 24 March 2022

Vintage Style Art Box by Bernadette

 

Good Morning Everyone, 

My love of the art boxes continues.  https://www.tando-creative.co.uk/set-of-4-art-blocks.html

For my last 2 art boxes I used texture paste and paint to cover them and then added embellishments - you can see previous blogs with my step-by-steps for those boxes.

For this box I decided to use some beautiful patterned papers from my stash.  




After putting the box together with PVA glue I measured each side and edge, cut the paper to size and covered all the sides with my chosen paper using glue.  



I then took a blending tool and blended vintage photo distress ink around all the edges.  I then used walnut stain distress crayon to darken the edges.




I used a script stamp and stamped with versamark randomly on the sides and edges then embossed with gold embossing powder.



I cut some elements from my patterned papers and chose some vintage photos to add to my box.  The clock is a Tando embellishment https://www.tando-creative.co.uk/MNTGSCLCKS.html and I inked it with versamark and embossed it with gold powder.


I then added my embellishments using glue and 3D foam pads 






 I hope you will give some of the ideas and techniques the design team are blogging a try and post your projects in the Facebook Tando Creative Zone group.


Bye for now

Bernadette xxx

No comments: